Growing past our adolescent mindset into secure manhood
I often get asked the question “How did you get into this work with men?” – with a commonly preconceived idea that it was some kind of obvious rock-bottom or really traumatic event that led to me turning my life around and then getting into the work to help men in the same situation.
While that might be a sexy story, it’s not the case. What is true is that my story like everyone’s, hold crucial events that are vitally relative to their own life experiences. So, what I did go through eventually led me to get into this work.
However, I m often interested my self in the journey of other men who end up doing similar work.
Enter this week’s guest, Bryan Reeves, a former Captin in the United States Airforce, now life and relationships coach for men and couples. That is a journey I am interested to hear – airforce to coach on love, essentially.
In this Episode:
Byran is a fascinating guy, with a huge heart, an incredibly smart head and a wonderful way with words.
In this episode, we explore some of the language around boys and men and differentiate between some key aspects, such as his quote “Boys save, men serve” which is a fascinating take on mindset and psychology, especially from a former US serviceman.
We explore some of Bryan’s wonderful insights into moving from being broke and attaching his entire identity to it, to realising that “My situation is not my identity. My bank account is not my identity. How much money I have is my identity, it’s just how much money I have at that moment. Who am I? Well, I’m not my bank account, I’m not my living situation, I’m not my past.”
He shares some of his journeys into trusting men and trusting himself, ultimately. If you’re a man who has struggled to move from placing your identity into the things you collect or to trust yourself, this episode is for you.
Bryan has some phenomenal work, including a recently released book ‘Choose her every day (or leave her)’ – you can hear us talk about that in this episode, and you can find it below.
A former US Air Force Captain, Bryan is now an internationally renowned Author and Life/Relationship Coach, and host of the podcast, “Men, This Way.” His viral blog has been read by over 30 million people in every country on the planet (except North Korea). His newest book, Choose Her Every Day (Or Leave Her), is now available on Amazon and other retailers, and also at www.bryanreeves.com/book.
Where to find Bryan:
- email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Home – https://bryanreeves.com
- Facebook – http://www.facebook.com/bryanreevesofficial
- Instagram – http://www.instagram.com/bryanreevvesinsight
- TikTok – https://www.tiktok.com/@bryanreevesinsight?
1) “Choose Her Every Day (Or Leave Her)” @ https://bryanreeves.com/book
2) “Tell The Truth, Let The Peace Fall Where It May” on Amazon @ https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01EJZKENO
Other Ways To Consume this podcast:
- Subscribe to podcast on Apple
- Follow on Spotify
- Sign up for Mike’s LEGENDAILY Texts to help you with a daily shot of loving straight talk direct to your pocket
- Want to explore the deepest and most secure coaching experience with Mike and his team in the ELA program? Book a ‘Make my shit make sense’ call with Mike now.